Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A New Twist to Mashed Potatoes. Can sub. creamed celery soup in place of chopped celery.
- 1 package instant mashed potatoes (amount for 8 servings)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped or 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices toast
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare potatoes according to directions.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onion and celery, cook til tender.
- Stir celery and onion into potatoes and add eggs.
- Break toast into small pieces and add to potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and put into 11x7 baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minute.
My kids were looking at me like I was nuts while I was preparing it. It was different and I liked it....family wasn't so sure. Thanks for sharing.