Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A puff of pancake brimming with sauteed apples and berries with a health-conscious mindset.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 apples, peeled and slice 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and quartered
- 3 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat milk (2%)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat over to 425 degrees. Generously coat large nonstick ovenproof skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium-low heat. Melt margarine; remove 1 tablespoon and set aside. Add apples to skillet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Saute until apples and browned and tender but still hold their shape, about 10 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over apples and stir in orange juice. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer until sauce is syrupy, about 2 minues. Transfer apples to bowl and stir in strawberries.
- Wipe out skillet and put in oven to keep hot. Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, remaining sugar, orange zest and salt in medium bowl until combines. Sift in flour and whisk batter until smooth, and then whisk in reserved margarine.
- Remove skillet from oven and coat with cooking spray. Pour in batter. Return to oven and bake until pancake is high and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with fruit. Serve.