Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 large eggs, boiled
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 5 cups lettuce, cut in pieces
- 4 cups potatoes, boiled
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- Have read chopped lettuce for 5-6 servings.and potatoes and eggs -- and chopped onions --
- Dice bacon and fry in skillet till brown -- add 3-4 tbls of sauce mixture, vinegar and water.
- Bring to a boil and keep hot.place a layer of hot potatoes, (mashed in bowl if you prefer) then a layer of lettuce, 2 sliced hard cooked eggs, and several tablespoons of hot bacon dressing --
- Add remainder of potatoes, lettuce and sliced eggs.
- Pour rest of dressing over this and serve immediately.