Recipe by PanNan
These are very lacy and nutty. Easy to make.
Top Review by Kayne
These "cookies' are so good! I was born in Holland, and when I was six we immigrated to Australia. This was one of the few things my mother could cook really well. She didn't have the recipe anymore and I have been trying to find it now since I came to United States in 1970. I found it today, and fixed it. Thank you - it was wonderful! The only things missing were tea or coffee and some lady friends to share them with. I couldn't wait that long! Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peeled and coarsely chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Knead all ingredients into a firm ball.
- Shape into marble-sized balls and arrange far apart on buttered cookie sheet.
- Flatten with fork or knife dipped in cold water.
- Bake in 375 oven until golden.
- Remove from cookie sheet with spatula.
- The dough should have melted and become lacy, very thin, and crisp.
- Cookies should be 3" in diameter.