This is not the traditional ham gravy used for verenika, as it is much thicker and doesn't use any heavy cream. I've used it on verenika, spaetzle, egg noodles, mashed potatoes, ham ...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the ham in the bottom of a large pot over medium heat for a few minutes to get the flavor and juices out.
- 2Pour in the buttermilk, evaporated milk, sour cream, and ham base.
- 3Heat through, but do not bring to a boil.
- 4Mix the cornstarch (I start with a tablespoon or two) with cold water and stir into the gravy. Keep stirring for a minute or two to keep it from settling at the bottom. Repeat this until it is the consistency you want.
Browse Our Top Amish/Mennonite Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Amish/Mennonite Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Kitchen Ham Gravy for Verenika, Spaetzle, Egg Noodles, Etc
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 739.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ham soup base