Recipe by Sue Lau
This isn't like the Dutch Bullevladde, but is inspired by the use of Dutch cheeses.
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 5 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- 5 ounces leerdammer cheese, shredded (may substitute Emmenthal)
- 3 ounces Baby Spinach, washed and completely dry
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 9 inches deep dish pie shells
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line deep dish glass pie plate with pie shell.
- Sprinkle Gouda cheese over the bottom.
- Whisk together room temperature eggs with whipping cream and nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Pour some of the egg mixture over the cheese.
- Place baby spinach leaves on Gouda,and top with half the Leerdammer.
- Pour a little more of the egg mixture on the quiche, saving some.
- Top with bacon and the rest of the cheese, then pour remaining egg mixture over all.
- Press the ingredients down into the pie plate to get as much of the egg mixture on it as you can.
- Sprinkle a little more nutmeg, salt, and pepper on top if you wish.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, then top quiche with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes more or until quiche is set.
- Allow quiche to rest for 20+ minutes before cutting and serving.