Top Review by david in Mission Viejo
This was quite good, very taste. The only variations I made was 1.the Deli only had smoked Gouda, so I use that. 2.quanity. At the Deli I got 1/2 lb Black Forest Ham and 10 slices of Smoked Gouda, it worked out perfect 10 slices each. I eat them over a 3 day period, which got better has time increased. None of the ingredient broke down and they stayed rolled. The Smoke Gouda made a pleasant contrabution, I'll use it again next time.
- 6 slices ham (thin enough to roll without breaking, Deli slices are perfect)
- 6 slices gouda cheese (again, deli slice size is perfect)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (any flavor or style you like)
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay the ham slices out on a plate.
- Take a knife and cover ham slice with mustard.
- Place one slice of Gouda cheese on top of ham and mustard.
- Take a knife and spread a coat of mayo on top of cheese.
- Now, start at the top (the longest part) of the ham, and roll, roll, roll- like a cinnamon roll until you reach the end.
- If you pack these tightly into one of those ziplock containers, the roll should keep its shape with no problem.
- You can always place a tooth pick in it to hold it's shape if you are going to put it on a platter.
- For best results and flavor, I recommend that you refrigerate in the coldest part of the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to hold the shape and to add more refreshment when eating on a hot summer day.
- Perfect for a beach picnic.
- Just place the rolls into one of those ziplock disposable containers, and pack into your cooler.