Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Lay the ham slices out on a plate.
- Take a knife and cover ham slice with mustard.
- Place one slice of Gouda cheese on top of ham and mustard.
- Take a knife and spread a coat of mayo on top of cheese.
- Now, start at the top (the longest part) of the ham, and roll, roll, roll- like a cinnamon roll until you reach the end.
- If you pack these tightly into one of those ziplock containers, the roll should keep its shape with no problem.
- You can always place a tooth pick in it to hold it's shape if you are going to put it on a platter.
- For best results and flavor, I recommend that you refrigerate in the coldest part of the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to hold the shape and to add more refreshment when eating on a hot summer day.
- Perfect for a beach picnic.
- Just place the rolls into one of those ziplock disposable containers, and pack into your cooler.
This was quite good, very taste. The only variations I made was 1.the Deli only had smoked Gouda, so I use that. 2.quanity. At the Deli I got 1/2 lb Black Forest Ham and 10 slices of Smoked Gouda, it worked out perfect 10 slices each. I eat them over a 3 day period, which got better has time increased. None of the ingredient broke down and they stayed rolled. The Smoke Gouda made a pleasant contrabution, I'll use it again next time.
Super easy. I've never done a ham and cheese roll up with condiments before. So, I mixed the mustard and mayo together, spread it on and let them rest in the fridge for a bit. I had about 2 tsp mustard/mayo left... perhaps I didn't spread it as thick as the recipe intends... but, no harm. My toddler needed the rolls sliced into 1/4 pieces, and this worked fine(actually holds much better than my usual condiment free version!) They were easy for him to pick up as they kept their shape. Fun and tasty spiral snacks! Thanks!