Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Our youth group used to make these at fairs for fundraisers, this batch will make about 25 funnel cakes
- 2 lbs flour
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- oil, to fry
- powdered sugar
- Beat eggs, add milk and vanilla and beat again.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- add egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Heat oil to 400 degree.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a funnel.
- let butter drizzle into hot oil starting at the center and expanding in a circular motion, crosscrossing with the last bit of batter.
- brown on both sides.
- drain on paper towels.
- sprinkle with powdwered sugar.