Recipe by True Texas
When my Dad had his huge garden we would make these a lot. My Mom and I loved them, my Dad not so much. To me they taste better the next day.
Top Review by Glori-B
I had cukes & onion in vinegar before; and I had had cukes & onion in sour cream before, but never had I had them in this two-step process, which was made super quick with the help of a food processor. I did not have dill seeds, so I used minced dill weed which I did have on hand and the flavor was great. The bright flavor of this dish is wonderful! Thank you Luvin' Texas for a great dish. I will definitely make this again.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium onion, sliced in rings
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 -2 drop hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumbers, thinly slice both cucumbers and onion.
- Add water, salt & vinegar, let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, drain and squeeze all liquid out.
- Combine sour cream, sugar, dill seed, pepper sauce and pepper.
- Toss with cucumbers and onion. Cover and chill 1 hour.