Recipe by Nine 1/2 fingers
Another recipe from Holland. There was only one resturant near "Drie Bergen" that made this and my Dad use to drive for miles to get some. Tastes a lot like the Japanese cucumber salad. Wonder where they got it? Or is it the other way around.
- 2 -3 large cucumbers
- 8 -10 ounces white vinegar (Japanese seasoned sushi vinegar can also be used)
- 3 -5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -2 thinly sliced onion
- Wash and peel cucumbers.
- Slice or cut in rounds as thin as possible cukes & onions.
- Place in bowl and cover with vinegar.
- Add 3-5 heaping tablespoons of sugar, Mix well.
- Chill and serve.
- This is better if you let it sit in the fridge covered overnight. Actually. if allowed to mellow for 2 or 3 days -- in a tightly sealed jar in the refrigerator -- JAR TURNED UPSIDE DOWN 1 day & turned right side up the next.