Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is a tasty way to use up milk that is starting to go sour.
Make and share this Dutch Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease an 8"x8" pan.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Cream the shortening, then gradually add the brown sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour, salt, and baking soda mixture.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the dry mixture and set aside.
- Combine the raisins, egg, and milk. Add to the main mixture and beat well.
- Pour into the pan.
- Drizzle the reserved 3/4 cup over the batter already in the pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Nice cake! I used buttermilk, which worked out just fine. DH really liked this a lot, so I'll be making it often. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.