1/2 Photos of Dutch Cocoa & Pumpkin Brownies (Cake-Like)
I've got 10 pounds of pureed pumpkin in the freezer so I've been experimenting with pumpkin recipes. This is an original recipe for pumpkin brownies that I created while testing out my new gadget, the Perfect Brownie Pan. :) We prefer a fudgier brownie so I'll continue to play with this recipe until I get a fudgy version to post as well, but for now, here is a slightly chewy but more cake-like brownie. The fudgy frosting, while not necessary for flavor, made up for the cake-like brownie & ultimately, everyone loved the combination. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 29.58 ml vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Use non-stick cooking spray to coat the sides & bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan (this recipe was tested with the Perfect Brownie Pan).
- 3In large bowl, stir together sugars, cocoa, flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- 4In small bowl stir together pumpkin puree, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
- 5Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it.
- 6Stir until combined. (It'll feel like a lot of stirring and look like too much dry ingredients but it'll come together into a thick batter.).
- 7Spread the batter into prepared pan and bake for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out slightly sticky, but not wet.
- 8Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 9For Frosting:.
- 10In small bowl beat together melted butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla.
- 11Add powdered sugar and one teaspoon of the hot water.
- 12Beat until smooth and until desired consistency is reached, adding the rest of the hot water as needed.
- 13Spread onto cooled brownies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Cocoa & Pumpkin Brownies (Cake-Like)
Serving Size: 1 (1262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g