Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very light and low fat white cake with a cinnamon sugar topping. Its great if you are looking for something sweet, but not too heavy. Best served warm with butter.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add milk and eggs and mix with electric mixer until combined. Add 1/2 butter and comine.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over top.
- Cook for 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag. Very easy cake to make. Used recipe #172289 to make this cake gluten free. Thanks for posting this.