Recipe by Honni
Adopted from zaar Feb 2005. All comments below are from the original chef. I will update when I have prepared this recipe myself. Leah
- shortbread (prepared from another recipe)
- 2 large eggs, Separated
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups gouda cheese, Grated
- 1⁄3 cup light cream or 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, Grated
- 1⁄3 cup raisins, Golden
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Use an 8-inch tart pan in this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the egg yolks and 1/4 cup of the confectioners' sugar until well blended ~- about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the cheese, cream, flour, lemon juice, lemon rind and raisins.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy, then gradually add the remaining confectioners' sugar and continue to beat until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill before serving.