Recipe by bert
These are good anytime but especially nice on a Christmas goodie tray.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These are good cookies. Not too sweet and have a nice chew to them. I made with maraschino cherries. I just wish they didn't spread so much...Made for Help A Naked Recipe in the Photo Forum.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or almond if you prefer)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 18 cherries, halved (maraschino or candied)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Chill 45 minutes.
- Form mixture into balls (teaspoon).
- Press thumb in centre of ball and place cherry in depression.
- Bake at 350°F on ungreased cookie sheet 12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden.