Recipe by DotM
This is a good recipe for someone who wants a dessert to taste like the good old days.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs (reserve 1 yolk for icing)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup sour milk
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, eggs and butter; Mix well.
- Mix soda in sour milk until it foams.
- Add molasses and rest of the ingredients and stir or beat well.
- Bake in 8 inch square pan for 1/2 hour.
- Combine icing ingredients, cook over low heat until thickened and pour over hot cake.