Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Yeah, same story as the Pancake recipe - Steve and I were watching $40 a day in Amsterdam and he got excited about the food he saw. I watched this 6 times to figure out recipes from this Amsterdam Episode. Anyhoo, This was what the host had for breakfast at a place called "De Prins" next to Anne Frank House.
- 1 rolls, Dark Bread or 1 grain bread
- 1 ounce of mix greens
- 1 slice gouda cheese (any Dutch cheese) or 1 slice havarti cheese (any Dutch cheese)
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices cucumbers
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1 ounce mixed sprouts
- Slice roll in half.
- Butter top and bottom of sliced roll.
- Stack mixed greens, Dutch cheese, sliced egg, tomatos, cucumbers, sprouts and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with black European coffee.
I used 9 grain French bread, havarti cheese, no sprouts(I wish I had remembered to buy some!). Loved it. This made a quick and yummy light supper for me. Thank you Mimi!