Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious way to use those summer berries.
Make and share this Dutch Bosbessen Brood (Blueberry Bread) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (reserve 1 tbsp for glaze)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix water and butter.
- Add orange juice and rind.
- Beat eggs in sugar.
- Add eggs to orange juice mixture.
- Add dry ingredients, then add blueberries.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Make a glaze of 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp orange juice and 1 tbsp hot water.
- Drizzle over hot bread.
I dont like blueberries BUT DS does. He claimed the loaf as his and asked how long will it take to make another. I think that means 5 stars Nan..TY
Delicious! Like another comment posted here, I did have a little trouble with the middle getting done and was afraid it would burn until it did! However, it turned out just right! This was more like a pound cake than bread. I didn't put much orange zest in it, but the orange flavor was definitely there! The glaze just added to the goodness. Thanks for this recipe!
I really like the orange in this. I found it to be a wee bit dry though.