1/1 Photo of Dutch “baked” Beans
Posting for ZWT6 - Germany - Benelux
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon until not quite done; drain and set aside. (Bacon should not be brittle.)
- 2Saute onions in 2 or 3 tablespoons bacon fat.
- 3Take 1 can of beans and rinse and drain well; use other can as is.
- 4Pour the unstrained can into large frying pan. Add brown sugar; stir until sugar is melted. Add onions and rest of the beans.
- 5Chop bacon; add to mixture, along with catsup, spices and salt.
- 6Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch “baked” Beans
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 835.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g