Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dutch baby is a German pancake (as for „baby“ part, I have no idea. Perhaps it's comming from statement of amazed tasters „Oh, baby“ :). Makes 1 pancake in 5-inch baking mold (serves 2).
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200°C).
- Place sliced strawberries in a small bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Stir gently.
- In a large bowl, combine scrambled egg, flour, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well until mixture is smooth. Leave aside.
- Heat 6-inch iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place butter in the skillet and melt it. Be sure not to burn butter.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, place it to the kitchen board and immediately pour the batter in the skillet. In this point, do not mix the batter once you pour it to the skillet. Just pour all batter in the middle of the skillet.
- When done, carefully place the skillet immediately to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 10 mins being sure not to burn the sides. Remove from the oven, prick the dough with fork in the middle (not the sides) and return to the oven for more 5 minutes.
- When done, arrange fresh strawberries to the top and serve for breakfast while it is still warm.