1/2 Photos of Dutch Baby With Strawberries
Dutch baby is a German pancake (as for „baby“ part, I have no idea. Perhaps it's comming from statement of amazed tasters „Oh, baby“ :). Makes 1 pancake in 5-inch baking mold (serves 2).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the batter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 ounces cake flour
- 1 1/2 ounces whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the fruit
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 F (200°C).
- 2Place sliced strawberries in a small bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Stir gently.
- 3In a large bowl, combine scrambled egg, flour, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well until mixture is smooth. Leave aside.
- 4Heat 6-inch iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place butter in the skillet and melt it. Be sure not to burn butter.
- 5Remove the skillet from the heat, place it to the kitchen board and immediately pour the batter in the skillet. In this point, do not mix the batter once you pour it to the skillet. Just pour all batter in the middle of the skillet.
- 6When done, carefully place the skillet immediately to the preheated oven.
- 7Bake for 10 mins being sure not to burn the sides. Remove from the oven, prick the dough with fork in the middle (not the sides) and return to the oven for more 5 minutes.
- 8When done, arrange fresh strawberries to the top and serve for breakfast while it is still warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Baby With Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 47.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g