Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe taken from USA Weekend 12/25/11
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Move rack to the middle position in oven and pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk milk, vanilla, eggs and salt in a medium bowl; vigorously whisk in flour until mostly smooth with a few small lumps.
- Let stand for a few minutes and whisk again (use a blender for instantly smooth batter).
- Bring marmalade, cranberries and 1/4 cup water to a simmer over medium heat; continue to simmer to light syrup consistency, just a few minutes; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile hear butter in a heavy bottom skillet (a cast iron pan works well) over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Pour milk mixture into skillet.
- Transfer to oven and bake until puffed and golden (15-17 minutes).
- Without removing Dutch Baby from oven, sprinkle with sugar and turn oven to broil until very puffy and golden brown, a couple of minutes longer.
- Serve immediately from the skillet and drizzle with sauce.