Recipe taken from USA Weekend 12/25/11
My Private Note
Dutch B ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Move rack to the middle position in oven and pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Whisk milk, vanilla, eggs and salt in a medium bowl; vigorously whisk in flour until mostly smooth with a few small lumps.
- 3Let stand for a few minutes and whisk again (use a blender for instantly smooth batter).
- 4Bring marmalade, cranberries and 1/4 cup water to a simmer over medium heat; continue to simmer to light syrup consistency, just a few minutes; cover and keep warm.
- 5Meanwhile hear butter in a heavy bottom skillet (a cast iron pan works well) over medium heat until light golden brown.
- 6Pour milk mixture into skillet.
- 7Transfer to oven and bake until puffed and golden (15-17 minutes).
- 8Without removing Dutch Baby from oven, sprinkle with sugar and turn oven to broil until very puffy and golden brown, a couple of minutes longer.
- 9Serve immediately from the skillet and drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Baby With Cranberry-Orange Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.8
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 207.3 mg
- Sodium 316.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 11.6 g