1/1 Photo of Dutch Baby Poofed Pancake
carrie sheridan's Note:
this is like a dessert, really -- very unusual, incredibly delicious and wickedly easy - taking just 5-10 minutes to blend and bake! for a sweet tooth, but very few calories... excellent for people wanting to eat smart AND scrumptious at the same time...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 and put a cast iron skillet inside to get hot.
- 2Whisk or beat eggs.
- 3Add milk and oil and whisk again.
- 4Add flour and salt and whisk very well.
- 5Remove skillet from oven, melt butter and swirl to coat entire surface [wiping sides with a paper towel dipped in the butter].
- 6Pour in batter all at once.
- 7Return to oven and bake for 18-20 minutes - it's better not to be too golden brown on the underside - and may take a few (delicious) tries to figure what degree of doneness YOU like best with your oven and pan.
- 8Remove and serve at once garnished with slim lemon wedges and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar.
- 9I would think you could use a souffle or casserole dish but haven't tried it myself.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Baby Poofed Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 314.8 mg
- Sodium 517.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 12.8 g