Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a typical old-fashioned Dutch baby. We have it for breakfast nearly every weekend; it is made with ingredients we almost always have on hand. It bakes up puffy and golden brown, then sinks into a rich, eggy pancake. Plus, it can go from the pantry to the table in less than 25 minutes!
- Heat oven to 425* F.
- Either melt butter in an oven-proof skillet and remove from heat OR melt it in a regular saucepan and pour into a prepared (liberally buttered) pie pan.
- In a blender, combine the eggs and milk and whirl until foamy and pale.
- Add to the blender the vanilla, flour, sugar and salt.
- Whirl until fully blended.
- Pour batter into the melted butter--it will look like a dish of white soup with slicks of oil on top (not appetizing at all, I know).
- Bake in the oven about 18 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- Slice when the "puff" has deflated and serve with jam or sugar.