Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The perfect brunch or breakfast menu item. Bring it to the table as soon as it comes out of the oven. A dutch baby, or German Pancake, is a cross between a souffle and an omelet. You have to try it.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or ovenproof frying pan in the oven to preheat. While the pan is preheating, prepare the batter.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- Add the milk, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Beat well to combine. The batter should be thin, but smooth and creamy.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and coat it with the butter.
- Pour the prepared batter into the skillet all at once, and immediately return the skillet to the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, dusting the Dutch Baby with powdered sugar and whipped cream.
- Optional, squirt some lemon juice over the ducth baby as you eat it.