1/1 Photo of Dutch Babies Pancakes
This puff pancake is one of our favorites! We serve it with a sprinkling of lemon juice, a dusting of powdered sugar and then some maple syrup but, fruit on top is always a nice touch! If you add fruit, layer it over the top of the batter, just before baking. We've used blueberries, sliced peaches and sliced apples (dusted with cinnamon) and all were very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Beat eggs until well aerated. Add milk and beat again. Add salt and flour and beat on low, just until blended.
- 3Meanwhile, put butter into a 9 x 13 baking dish, or divide it into two round cake pans, or two large cast iron skillets and place in the preheated oven to melt the butter and heat the pan(s). Tip pans to spread butter evenly.
- 4Pour batter into the warm pan(s), top with fruit, if you want to add some and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Babies Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 197.0 mg
- Sodium 226.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g