Dutch Apple Pudding Cake (Crock Pot)
- Lightly coat a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a small saucepan bring apple pie filling to boiling. Stir in cherries. Transfer apple mixture to prepared cooker.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and melted butter; stir just until combined. Stir in the 1/2 cup walnuts. Pour and evenly spread batter over apple mixture in cooker, spreading evenly.
- In the same small saucepan combine apple juice, brown sugar, and the 1 tablespoon butter. Bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour apple juice mixture over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Remove crockery liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Cool, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes.
- To serve, spoon warm cake and its sauce into dessert dishes. If desired, top each serving with Sweetened Whipped Cream and additional walnuts.