Recipe by GABREEZY
A pie on the go! Chunky apple filling scooped into and ice cream cone. Low-fat alternative to both pie and ice cream. Won't melt and run all over the place in the summer, and warms you up when the weather gets chilly!
Top Review by SweetySJD
I love the idea of pie filling in a cone! I made this twice following the recipe exactly and it never really thickened up. Maybe more cornstarch or less juice would work better. The taste was fabulous! I will probably attempt these again with some adjustments.
- 8 large baking apples
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 8 ice cream sugar ice cream cones
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel, core, and cut the apples into 3/4" chunks.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cornstarch, vanilla extract, apple juice concentrate, and brown sugar together. Add the apples and raisins and toss. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally for even cooking. The mixture is done when the apples are just tender and the filling is clear and thickened. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Scoop warm filing into the ice cream cones and serve, topped with whipped cream.