Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This reminds me alot of an apple crisp. I love this recipe.
Make and share this Dutch Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Toss apples with lemon juice.
- Blend the other filling ingredients.
- Add apples and raisins.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Melt margarine.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle over pie mixture and slightly press down with hands.
- Bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes or until topping is brown and apples are tender.
I am rating the crumb topping on this recipe. I already had the apple/crust/pie part covered and was looking for just the right topping and this fit the bill. Took this to a holiday family gathering and everyone loved it! The oatmeal really cuts the sweetness to make the dutch apple pie deliciously...just right! Thanks for the great topping!
we are gluten free & have been craving yummy pie.
this topping was PERFECT, especially because it did not call for any additional flour.
used a GF flour blend for the crust and this recipe for the topping - delicious success.
I used this whole recipe and will never make another Dutch Apple recipe. I will also be using this for apple crisps and the topping is great. I really like how the topping is so light in your mouth. As others have said, The topping makes this whole thing worth while.