- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 apples (peeled, cored & sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a large mixing bowl toss the apples with lemon juice.
- Combine the sugar, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the apples and toss until completely coated. Set mixture aside.
- To make the egg wash, crack egg in a small bowl, add a pinch of salt, whisk, and brush on top of the pie.
- Cover pie with foil to prevent over browning, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes until crust is golden and apples are tender.