Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
This is a recipe from Bisquick 2 cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium cooking apples, peeled and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400. Grease a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Add apples and toss to coat.
- Heat water and butter to boiling and reduce heat to low. Add bisquick and stir until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Spread batter into pie plate. Arrange apples on top within 1 inch of edge.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until puffed and edge is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
I made this today and it was delicious! Easy to make since I have an apple corer. I added cinnamon and Splenda brown sugar. Will definitely make this again
This was very good, and so simple to make. I ended up using jared apple filling and it worked great. The kids gobbled it up. Thank you Adena!
This was yummy - and so easy too! I put in a teaspoon of cinnamon because we all love it! Unlike the last reviewer, we had this for pudding this evening (being English probably has something to do with it!). It doesn't matter what time you eat it - just make sure you do!!