Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Apple season is comming and this is yummy! I made it for the first time yesterday and I am gonna need to make more-another Christmas Basket Item.
- 1 lb tart apple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 packet liquid pectin
- Peel, core and finely chop enough apples to get 2 cups.
- Place all ingredients except pectin in a large pot and while stirring bring to a full boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove and skim off foam and then skim again.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Seal and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Note-the apples will rise to the top so after the"pop" I turn the jars a few times.
hi, thanks for the recipie! I made it without the raisins, and my english friends are crazy about it! its very very sweet, but tastes just like apple pie
A 1/2 teaspoon of margarine or butter will help decrease foaming.
This jam is wonderful. I have already made two batches and am getting ready for a third. Jam set-up perfectly and everyone loves it.