1/2 Photos of Dutch Apple Fritters (Apelbeignets)
Served on December 6 th, St. Nicholas' Eve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and core apples and cut into lengthwise slices between 1/3 and 1/2 inch thick.
- 2Mix beer with flour and salt until smooth and free of lumps.
- 3Dip apple slices into batter and let excess drip off.
- 4Fry a few slices at a time in fat heated to 370 F.
- 5turn once so they become golden brown on both sides--about 4 minutes in all.
- 6Drain one a paper towel and serve warm sprinkled with sugar.
- 7Makes 6 to 10 servings.
- 8*VANILLASUGAR: Place 1 pound confectioners' or granulated sugar in a jar with 2 or 3 vanilla beans.
- 9Close jar tightly and let stand for 48 hours before using.
- 10Replenish sugar as it is used up.
- 11Use as called for in individual recipes.
- 12Beans need replacing only after 4 or 5 months.
- 13Visions of SugarPlums.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Apple Fritters (Apelbeignets)
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g