Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
I had this recipe years ago, but had misplaced it until recently. It is soooo good! I like to make it in the fall, after our trip to the apple orchard.
- 5 medium apples, pared,cored and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cold margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons cold margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine apples, sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon.
- In large bowl, cut 1/2 cup butter into 1 cup biscuit mix until crumbly.
- Stir in apple mixture.
- Pour into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and sugar; cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
- Add nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake 1 hour or until golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream.