1 hr 15 mins
Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
I had this recipe years ago, but had misplaced it until recently. It is soooo good! I like to make it in the fall, after our trip to the apple orchard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium apples, pared,cored and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold margarine or 1/2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons cold margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In medium bowl, combine apples, sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon.
- 3In large bowl, cut 1/2 cup butter into 1 cup biscuit mix until crumbly.
- 4Stir in apple mixture.
- 5Pour into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- 6In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and sugar; cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
- 7Add nuts.
- 8Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- 9Bake 1 hour or until golden.
- 10Serve warm with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Apple Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.4
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 773.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 69.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g