- 8 cups peeled and sliced tart apples
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup softened butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples in a greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch dish sprinkled with 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and remaining brown sugar.
- Add eggs and stir in flour and 1/2 cup walnut.
- Spread over apples.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.