Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Note: Choose an apple that will hold up well during baking, like Granny Smith, Fuji, or Gala. Recipe by Keith and Ada Mathewson, Bonita Springs, FL
- Place apples in a greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch dish sprinkled with 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and remaining brown sugar.
- Add eggs and stir in flour and 1/2 cup walnut.
- Spread over apples.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
just made your pie. It was great. In factt im making another one for my husband to take to the office.
A nice simple dessert. The walnuts are really good here. The cake is something like a bar cookie in texture, I think. I didn't find my filling to be runny or watery at all. DH loved this!
I sliced the apples pretty thinly, and they were done at the same time as the crust. It really is pretty with the walnuts on top, and has a great texture. I do wish the apple-filling had more substance and wasn't as watery. Very easy, though.