Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious apple cake but you must use tart apples and you must wait till the cake is cool to ice it.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tart cooking apples, peeled,cored,and finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a Bundt pan (9 inch tube pan).
- Sift first four ingrediends.
- In another large mixing bowl, stir eggs and vanilla and beat on high speed for about 2 minutes or until it gets a thick consistency.
- Add oil gradually, beating for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in sugar, dry mixture, apples and walnuts, beating well after each additon.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into the Bundt pan.
- Bake for about an hour at 350F or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Drizzle with icing.