Recipe by grandma2969
found this recipe in an old Rumford baking powder recipe pamphlet...have not had the opportunity to prepare it yet...
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tart apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and sift dry ingredients --
- beat egg, add milk and vegetable oil -- and add liquid to dry ingredients --
- spread batter in flat, well greased pan -- 9" square pan --
- pare and core apples and cut into eighths.
- press pieces into batter, pointed side down.
- sprinkle with sugar and butter -- bake in a 350* about 20 minutes -- or until apples are done.