Found this while surfing the net for quick breads. Of Dutch origin.
Make and share this Dutch Apple Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs, unbeaten
- 29.58 ml buttermilk or 29.58 ml sour milk
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml apples, chopped
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Cream together sugar and butter or margarine. Blend in eggs and buttermilk.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Mix in vanilla and apples. Pour into pan.
- Combine topping ingredients. Cut through until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter in pan and press slightly. Bake 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan.