In holland we eat this inside speculaas (spice bread/cookie) in december, when Sinterklaas comes around :o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the almonds but don't use a kitchenmachine cause that may cause too much oil to come out.
- 2Add the sugar, the egg, a pinch of salt and the lemon juice (optionally). Mix everything into a smooth mass.
- 3It has to be at least a couple of days in the fridge before eaten to get optimal taste so wrap it thightly in foil.
- 4You can keep it for a couple of weeks.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Amandelspijs (Sort of Marcipan)
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.8
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 176.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g