Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Watch out! This bread is bursting with almond flavor.
Make and share this Dutch Almond Crumb Loaves recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8” x 4 1/2” loaf pans and set aside.
- Stir together: Flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until fine crumbs are formed, OR use a large food processor. Set aside 1/3 cup of crumbs.
- Beat 2 eggs in small bowl. Make well in center of dry ingredients and add eggs, 1 Tablespoon almond extract, and 1 cup milk. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pans. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top. Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- VARIATION: Add toasted almonds to the batter and/or the topping.
- VARIATION: Bake in a Bundt pan instead of two loaf pans.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve as quick bread OR coffee cake.
I'm running out of superlative adjectives this PAC! I love almonds and this was a match meant to be. Thnx so much for sharing your wonderful recipe, dutchmom4. Made for PAC Fall 2009.