Recipe by Carol H
"This is the Dutch equivalent of eggnog and literally translated means "lawyer". This traditional Dutch beverage is always served during the Christmas season. Serve in a lovely glass and provide the guest with a small spoon for consumption of the beverage."
- 9 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups extra finely granulated sugar
- 2 cups brandewijn (Dutch Brandy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg yolks, fine sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture turns a very smooth, pale yellow colour.
- The mixture will be quite thick in its consistency.
- Add the Brandewijn very slowly, keeping your mixer at the lowest possible speed.
- Completely incorporate the brandy into the egg mixture. Place the Advocaat into the top portion of your double boiler.
- Keep your heat on low and slowly, warm the Advocaat. Do not allow the mixture to pass the warm point.