Carol H's Note:
"This is the Dutch equivalent of eggnog and literally translated means "lawyer". This traditional Dutch beverage is always served during the Christmas season. Serve in a lovely glass and provide the guest with a small spoon for consumption of the beverage."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg yolks, fine sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture turns a very smooth, pale yellow colour.
- 2The mixture will be quite thick in its consistency.
- 3Add the Brandewijn very slowly, keeping your mixer at the lowest possible speed.
- 4Completely incorporate the brandy into the egg mixture. Place the Advocaat into the top portion of your double boiler.
- 5Keep your heat on low and slowly, warm the Advocaat. Do not allow the mixture to pass the warm point.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Advocaat
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.3
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: