Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to dress up cauliflower and for a change of pace how about "Dusty Musrooms". Simply replace the cauliflower with 4 cups of fresh mushrooms, cut in halves or quarters and adjust cooking time if necessary. This recipe is adapted from one of my favorite healthier cookbooks==Oat Cuisine.
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons oat bran
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs (I use my own recipe, Seasoned Breadcrumb Mix Seasoned Breadcrumb Mix)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 10 x 15 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl, drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over cauliflower, tossing to coat.
- Spread the cauliflower in prepared pan and sprinkle with any remaining crumbs.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
Very delicious side dish. Made in next to no time, and good for you, too. I served this with grilled steaks and caramelized onions. A repeat for sure.
Cauliflower has climbed up my favorite veggie ladder & is solidly in 2nd place (2nd only to eggplant) now that I am finding ways to make it that are full of flavor. This dish also has the advantage of being low-cal & low-fat at a time we are trying to be more conscious of these things. This was well-received by DH when served along side spiced-up fish fillets & a fruit dessert, and DH did not notice his much-favored potatoes were absent from the table again. :-) Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
This is my first 1,2,3 hit wonders recipe, I just started playing today and I loved this recipe. I made the recipe for two people and thought it was wonderful. A little carby for a diabetic but hey we all have to live sometimes.