Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
These pork chops will make you swallow your tongue they are so good.
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 1 1/4 inch thick
Pork chop dust
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
Candy syrupy coating
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup apple juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, five spice powder, salt and pepper.
- Coat pork chops with dust.
- Brown in oil in a large skillet until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Add to a skillet the port wine, and apple juice.
- Boil 12 to 14 minutes, until thick and syrupy, being careful not to burn.
- Return chops to skillet, turning to coat with glaze.
- Serve with remaining glaze.
We enjoyed this recipe very much. I had never used five spice before but was pleasantly surprised. The recipe was easy to make. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
this is sooo good, plus it's super easy and fast. just what i need as i just had my 2nd baby and i'm trying to figure out how to keep my family from starving to death. oh, i didn't have apple juice, so i just used what i had in the fridge...cranberry/raspberry from costco.
I was intrigued by this recipe because it promised to make you swallow your tongue. Not wild about my son's new girlfriend, so I thought hey, if I can have her for dinner AND make her swallow her tongue, that's just a bonus. We all adored the chops - terrific recipe - but alas, she chirps on, to torment me and fray my nerves. The tongue swallowing is misleading.