Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was submitted to Paula Deen by a fan who was wondering why in the world she never cooked Italian food. She decided to try her hand at it and the result? Real tasty Italian cuising with a down-home Southern feel. MANGIA-MANGIA!
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 6 ounces asiago cheese, cut into 3 (or any good Italian cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1 large white onion, sliced thickly lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking pan lightly with cooking spray. Wrap each chicken strips around each cheese cube and secure with a toothpick. Dip chicken in olive oil and then roll in bread crumbs. Place chicken in the baking pan. Top with bay leaves and sliced onions. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through, and cheese has melted, and bread crumbs are golden brown. Serve.