1/1 Photo of Dusted Vanilla Ricotta Fritters
Easy and so good! Your loved ones will be amazed at your creativity. Recipe adapted from Gale Gand, executive pastry chef and a partner at Tru in Chicago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat 2" of vegetable oil to 375°.
- 2Cover a wire rack with paper towels and place on a baking sheet near your heated oil.
- 3While the oil is heating, in a large bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla with a wooden spoon. Add ricotta and blend until smooth. Add flour and baking powder and combine until JUST blended.
- 4Using a very small ice cream scoop, melon baller or 2 teaspoons, slide 8 walnut-size balls of fritter batter into the hot oil.
- 5Fry until deep golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Transfer fritters to rack with a slotted spoon to drain.
- 7Continue frying in batches of 8.
- 8Arrange on a platter and dust well with confectioners' sugar and/or cinnamon sugar and serve with your favorite preserve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dusted Vanilla Ricotta Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 143.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g