1/2 Photos of Durn Good Spaghetti Sauce
SassiKatt Chef's Note:
Who doesn't love spaghetti with meat sauce? I love cooking from scratch, but sometimes when I have a craving for this dish and not much time, I cheat and take bottled or canned sauce and add to it.....magnifique! Instead of ground beef, I used ground pork for a twist. Be sure to strain all the fat off your pork by placing the cooked product in a wire strainer or small hole colander.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (29 ounce) can meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1Fill a large pot with water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil for the pasta.
- 2In a skillet, brown the ground pork until just done. Remove from pan and strain all the fat off.
- 3Saute the chopped onion and bell pepper in olive oil until soft, but not brown.
- 4In a large saucepan, put all ingredients except for the pasta and cook on low heat, covered for 30 minutes.
- 5Cook pasta al dente, drain and top with sauce and grated hard cheese like Romano or Parmesan.
- 6**this sauce may be frozen in an air tight container for up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Durn Good Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.1
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 1036.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 21.9 g