Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've never liked traditional sweet potato casserole with marshmallow and all that, but I'm SO GLAD someone talked me into trying a bit of this! It's more savory than sweet. The Taste and texture of hard-boiled egg bits and crunchy celery in the smooth, tangy potatoes is terrific! The Durkee's "Famous" Sauce Dressing comes bottled and can be usually be found with steak sauces, Hollandaise and the like. Feel free to bake 3-4 sweet potatoes versus using canned ones. Prep time doesn't include boiling the eggs. ENJOY!
- 2 (18 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Durkee's sauce
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- parsley (to garnish)
- Mash potatoes with mayo, Durkee's, salt and pepper.
- Stir in celery and the chopped eggs.
- Garnish with sliced egg and parsley.